Pro-Telangana groups call for strike on September 7
Hyderabad: Alleging that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has adopted an anti-Telangana approach, pro-Telangana groups today called for a general strike in the region on September 7, the same day a rally of anti-bifurcation government employees is scheduled.
The 24-hour bandh will begin this Friday mid-night, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here.
The bandh call came following the city police giving conditional permission to the pro-united AP state government employees to organise a public meeting here on Saturday.
On the other hand, permission to hold a rally on the same day was denied to pro-Telangana groups. The Telangana JAC dubbed this as discriminatory attitude of state government.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has appealed to the party activists and pro-Telangana outfits to voluntarily participate in the bandh and make it a success.
APNGOs Association, which represents pro-united Andhra employees, has been granted conditional permission by the police to hold `Save AP meeting` on September 7 at L B Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief