Pro-Telangana groups call for strike on September 7
Hyderabad: Alleging that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has adopted an anti-Telangana approach, pro-Telangana groups today called for a general strike in the region on September 7, the same day a rally of anti-bifurcation government employees is scheduled.
The 24-hour bandh will begin this Friday mid-night, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here.
The bandh call came following the city police giving conditional permission to the pro-united AP state government employees to organise a public meeting here on Saturday.
On the other hand, permission to hold a rally on the same day was denied to pro-Telangana groups. The Telangana JAC dubbed this as discriminatory attitude of state government.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has appealed to the party activists and pro-Telangana outfits to voluntarily participate in the bandh and make it a success.
APNGOs Association, which represents pro-united Andhra employees, has been granted conditional permission by the police to hold `Save AP meeting` on September 7 at L B Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi