Pro-Telangana groups call for strike on September 7
Hyderabad: Alleging that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has adopted an anti-Telangana approach, pro-Telangana groups today called for a general strike in the region on September 7, the same day a rally of anti-bifurcation government employees is scheduled.
The 24-hour bandh will begin this Friday mid-night, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here.
The bandh call came following the city police giving conditional permission to the pro-united AP state government employees to organise a public meeting here on Saturday.
On the other hand, permission to hold a rally on the same day was denied to pro-Telangana groups. The Telangana JAC dubbed this as discriminatory attitude of state government.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has appealed to the party activists and pro-Telangana outfits to voluntarily participate in the bandh and make it a success.
APNGOs Association, which represents pro-united Andhra employees, has been granted conditional permission by the police to hold `Save AP meeting` on September 7 at L B Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past