Pro-Telangana groups to organise rail blockades on Tuesday
Hyderabad: In a bid to mount pressure on the
Centre on the separate statehood demand, pro-Telangana groups
would organise rail blockades all over the region on Tuesday.
Thousands of people from villages and towns would squat
on the railway tracks from 6 am to 6 pm tomorrow as part of
the protest named `Palle Palle Pattala Paiki` (villages on
railway tracks), Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC)
Convener M Kodandaram told reporters here on Tuesday.
"We have also asked people who live in the villages all
along the railway tracks to come on to the track and sit
there. We have also asked them to bring their cattle and
bullock carts on to the track and also cook and eat on the
track itself. For all practical purposes, instead of living in
their homes, they live on the tracks for a day," he said.
The rail blockade is an attempt to send a message across
to the Centre, the JAC Convener said.
He said there is no change in the `Chalo Hyderabad`
programme scheduled to be held on March 10.
Christened `million march to Hyderabad`, the programme
would see lakhs of people coming to Hyderabad and not a soul
would be able to move around in the city on that day, TRS
president K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced two days ago.
The JAC has earlier indicated that it might reschedule
the programme on March 10 as annual examinations of
intermediate students are scheduled to be held on the day.
However, Kodandaram clarified today that there is no
change in the `Chalo Hyderabad` programme and it would be held
as scheduled on March 10 as the Board of Intermediate
Education was ready to reschedule the examinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read