Pro-Telangana leaders meet, agitation to be stepped up in July
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Sunday indicated that the agitation for the separate Telangana
state would be stepped up in July.
Leaders of TRS and other pro-Telangana organisations held
a meeting here, which was chaired by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar
Rao. The participants decided to meet again on June 7 to
finalise the agitation programmes, to be taken up next month.
TRS sources said a massive agitation, on the lines of the
Million March here in March this year, was being planned.
Besides, the pro-Telangana organisations would also put
pressure on MPs and MLAs from Telangana, particularly those
from the ruling Congress, to quit the posts in support of the
"Those who do not fall in line will be gheraoed by the
people," a TRS leader who participated in the meeting said.
Sources said that TRS chief stated in the meeting that
the no-confidence motion sought to be moved by the Telugu
Desam Party against Andhra Pradesh Government in the Assembly
was "fake" and it was a part of the Congress-TDP deal, to
deflect attention from the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users