Pro-Telangana leaders meet, agitation to be stepped up in July
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Sunday indicated that the agitation for the separate Telangana
state would be stepped up in July.
Leaders of TRS and other pro-Telangana organisations held
a meeting here, which was chaired by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar
Rao. The participants decided to meet again on June 7 to
finalise the agitation programmes, to be taken up next month.
TRS sources said a massive agitation, on the lines of the
Million March here in March this year, was being planned.
Besides, the pro-Telangana organisations would also put
pressure on MPs and MLAs from Telangana, particularly those
from the ruling Congress, to quit the posts in support of the
"Those who do not fall in line will be gheraoed by the
people," a TRS leader who participated in the meeting said.
Sources said that TRS chief stated in the meeting that
the no-confidence motion sought to be moved by the Telugu
Desam Party against Andhra Pradesh Government in the Assembly
was "fake" and it was a part of the Congress-TDP deal, to
deflect attention from the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees