Pro-Telangana leaders meet, agitation to be stepped up in July
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Sunday indicated that the agitation for the separate Telangana
state would be stepped up in July.
Leaders of TRS and other pro-Telangana organisations held
a meeting here, which was chaired by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar
Rao. The participants decided to meet again on June 7 to
finalise the agitation programmes, to be taken up next month.
TRS sources said a massive agitation, on the lines of the
Million March here in March this year, was being planned.
Besides, the pro-Telangana organisations would also put
pressure on MPs and MLAs from Telangana, particularly those
from the ruling Congress, to quit the posts in support of the
"Those who do not fall in line will be gheraoed by the
people," a TRS leader who participated in the meeting said.
Sources said that TRS chief stated in the meeting that
the no-confidence motion sought to be moved by the Telugu
Desam Party against Andhra Pradesh Government in the Assembly
was "fake" and it was a part of the Congress-TDP deal, to
deflect attention from the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes