Pro-Telangana leaders meet, agitation to be stepped up in July
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Sunday indicated that the agitation for the separate Telangana
state would be stepped up in July.
Leaders of TRS and other pro-Telangana organisations held
a meeting here, which was chaired by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar
Rao. The participants decided to meet again on June 7 to
finalise the agitation programmes, to be taken up next month.
TRS sources said a massive agitation, on the lines of the
Million March here in March this year, was being planned.
Besides, the pro-Telangana organisations would also put
pressure on MPs and MLAs from Telangana, particularly those
from the ruling Congress, to quit the posts in support of the
"Those who do not fall in line will be gheraoed by the
people," a TRS leader who participated in the meeting said.
Sources said that TRS chief stated in the meeting that
the no-confidence motion sought to be moved by the Telugu
Desam Party against Andhra Pradesh Government in the Assembly
was "fake" and it was a part of the Congress-TDP deal, to
deflect attention from the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre