Pro-Telangana leaders meet, agitation to be stepped up in July
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Sunday indicated that the agitation for the separate Telangana
state would be stepped up in July.
Leaders of TRS and other pro-Telangana organisations held
a meeting here, which was chaired by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar
Rao. The participants decided to meet again on June 7 to
finalise the agitation programmes, to be taken up next month.
TRS sources said a massive agitation, on the lines of the
Million March here in March this year, was being planned.
Besides, the pro-Telangana organisations would also put
pressure on MPs and MLAs from Telangana, particularly those
from the ruling Congress, to quit the posts in support of the
"Those who do not fall in line will be gheraoed by the
people," a TRS leader who participated in the meeting said.
Sources said that TRS chief stated in the meeting that
the no-confidence motion sought to be moved by the Telugu
Desam Party against Andhra Pradesh Government in the Assembly
was "fake" and it was a part of the Congress-TDP deal, to
deflect attention from the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned