Pro-Telangana MLAs disrupt proceedings in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: The Telangana issue rocked the
Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the fifth day Wednesday as TDP, TRS, CPI and BJP members continued to disrupt proceedings demanding a resolution seeking separate statehood.
On the other hand, Congress MLAs loyal to rebel leader Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy too were on their feet on the fee reimbursement issue, leaving the government further embarrassed.
The House was adjourned thrice this morning as the Telangana protagonists remained adamant on their demand for a resolution on the statehood issue.
While the TRS MLAs mobbed the Speaker`s podium holding placards and raising `Jai Telangana` slogans, the TDP members from the region too raised the issues standing at their
With no sign of order, Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the House twice in the morning.
He spoke to floor leaders of various parties to break the impasse but to no avail.
When the House re-assembled after the second adjournment, the Jagan-loyal Congress MLAs became vociferous and took exception to the government`s indifferent attitude even as the
former MP`s hunger-strike entered the sixth day.
The CPI members, meanwhile trooped into the Well of the House raising the Telangana issue.
With chaos reigning, the Deputy Speaker adjourned the proceedings for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation