Pro-Telangana parties to discuss future course of action
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana parties and people`s organisations plan to organise a convention here to discuss their future course of action over the separate statehood agitation.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) plans to discuss the proposal and decide about details of the meeting soon, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here today, after a meeting of TRS leaders and other JAC constituents including the BJP as well as other organisations representing pro-Telangana employees of the Andhra Pradesh government.
Expressing confidence that a separate Telangana state would be a reality soon, the TRS president reiterated that formation a state comprising the present 10 districts (of undivided Andhra Pradesh) with Hyderabad as its capital is their main demand.
There should be no restrictions imposed on Hyderabad city, he said.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) gave its nod to the separate Telangana demand on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?
- Bihar road rage: Manorama Devi's bail plea postponed
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury