Pro-Telangana parties to discuss future course of action
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana parties and people`s organisations plan to organise a convention here to discuss their future course of action over the separate statehood agitation.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) plans to discuss the proposal and decide about details of the meeting soon, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here today, after a meeting of TRS leaders and other JAC constituents including the BJP as well as other organisations representing pro-Telangana employees of the Andhra Pradesh government.
Expressing confidence that a separate Telangana state would be a reality soon, the TRS president reiterated that formation a state comprising the present 10 districts (of undivided Andhra Pradesh) with Hyderabad as its capital is their main demand.
There should be no restrictions imposed on Hyderabad city, he said.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) gave its nod to the separate Telangana demand on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister