Pro-Telangana parties to discuss future course of action
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana parties and people`s organisations plan to organise a convention here to discuss their future course of action over the separate statehood agitation.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) plans to discuss the proposal and decide about details of the meeting soon, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here today, after a meeting of TRS leaders and other JAC constituents including the BJP as well as other organisations representing pro-Telangana employees of the Andhra Pradesh government.
Expressing confidence that a separate Telangana state would be a reality soon, the TRS president reiterated that formation a state comprising the present 10 districts (of undivided Andhra Pradesh) with Hyderabad as its capital is their main demand.
There should be no restrictions imposed on Hyderabad city, he said.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) gave its nod to the separate Telangana demand on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic