Pro-Telangana students resume protests at Osmania University
Hyderabad: After a brief lull, pro-
Telangana students resumed protests on Wednesday and pelted stones at
the police in Osmania University (OU) campus here, expressing
anger against Andhra Pradesh government`s decision to go ahead
with the varsity exams from tomorrow.
Students took out rallies and held demonstrations in
support of their demand that a Bill be introduced in
Parliament for creation of separate Telangana state.
They hurled stones on police personnel near AMS Kaman
on the campus and also indulged in stone-pelting on the OU
Police station this evening. Policemen lobbed teargas shells
to disperse them, an officer told PTI.
The OU Students Joint Action Committee had earlier
given a call for boycott of examinations over delay in
granting statehood for Telangana region.
The pro-Telangana students and activists clashed with
the police for four days after the Justice Srikrishna
Committee report had been made public on January 6.
Minister for Higher Education C Damodar Rajanarasimha
had yesterday made it clear that all the examinations
commencing in OU from January 20 would be conducted as per the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive