Pro-Telangana students resume protests at Osmania University
Hyderabad: After a brief lull, pro-
Telangana students resumed protests on Wednesday and pelted stones at
the police in Osmania University (OU) campus here, expressing
anger against Andhra Pradesh government`s decision to go ahead
with the varsity exams from tomorrow.
Students took out rallies and held demonstrations in
support of their demand that a Bill be introduced in
Parliament for creation of separate Telangana state.
They hurled stones on police personnel near AMS Kaman
on the campus and also indulged in stone-pelting on the OU
Police station this evening. Policemen lobbed teargas shells
to disperse them, an officer told PTI.
The OU Students Joint Action Committee had earlier
given a call for boycott of examinations over delay in
granting statehood for Telangana region.
The pro-Telangana students and activists clashed with
the police for four days after the Justice Srikrishna
Committee report had been made public on January 6.
Minister for Higher Education C Damodar Rajanarasimha
had yesterday made it clear that all the examinations
commencing in OU from January 20 would be conducted as per the
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM