Pro-Telangana students withdraw fast
Hyderabad: The 70-odd pro-Telangana students
ended their fast-unto-death on the fourth day on Thursday on being
persuaded by leaders of different political parties.
The students had gone on fast demanding statehood to
Telangana at Osmania University (OU) campus here and at
Kakatiya University in Warangal district.
Leaders of different political parties, including some
Congress leaders who recently resigned in support of Telangana
cause, met the students today and requested them to call off
their fast, which they agreed to.
The students ended their fast by taking fruit juice from
"The hunger strike in the OU campus has been withdrawn
this evening," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) Y
Pro-Telangana students, who had simultaneously launched
an indefinite fast on the Kakatiya University in Warangal,
also withdrew their fast, it was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach