Pro-Telangana students withdraw fast
Hyderabad: The 70-odd pro-Telangana students
ended their fast-unto-death on the fourth day on Thursday on being
persuaded by leaders of different political parties.
The students had gone on fast demanding statehood to
Telangana at Osmania University (OU) campus here and at
Kakatiya University in Warangal district.
Leaders of different political parties, including some
Congress leaders who recently resigned in support of Telangana
cause, met the students today and requested them to call off
their fast, which they agreed to.
The students ended their fast by taking fruit juice from
"The hunger strike in the OU campus has been withdrawn
this evening," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) Y
Pro-Telangana students, who had simultaneously launched
an indefinite fast on the Kakatiya University in Warangal,
also withdrew their fast, it was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack