Pro-Telangana students withdraw fast
Hyderabad: The 70-odd pro-Telangana students
ended their fast-unto-death on the fourth day on Thursday on being
persuaded by leaders of different political parties.
The students had gone on fast demanding statehood to
Telangana at Osmania University (OU) campus here and at
Kakatiya University in Warangal district.
Leaders of different political parties, including some
Congress leaders who recently resigned in support of Telangana
cause, met the students today and requested them to call off
their fast, which they agreed to.
The students ended their fast by taking fruit juice from
"The hunger strike in the OU campus has been withdrawn
this evening," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) Y
Pro-Telangana students, who had simultaneously launched
an indefinite fast on the Kakatiya University in Warangal,
also withdrew their fast, it was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home