Pro-Telangana students withdraw fast
Hyderabad: The 70-odd pro-Telangana students
ended their fast-unto-death on the fourth day on Thursday on being
persuaded by leaders of different political parties.
The students had gone on fast demanding statehood to
Telangana at Osmania University (OU) campus here and at
Kakatiya University in Warangal district.
Leaders of different political parties, including some
Congress leaders who recently resigned in support of Telangana
cause, met the students today and requested them to call off
their fast, which they agreed to.
The students ended their fast by taking fruit juice from
"The hunger strike in the OU campus has been withdrawn
this evening," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Zone) Y
Pro-Telangana students, who had simultaneously launched
an indefinite fast on the Kakatiya University in Warangal,
also withdrew their fast, it was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon