Pro-Telangana youth`s body flown back to Andhra
Hyderabad: The body of M Yadireddy, a
pro-Telangana youth who allegedly committed suicide in Delhi
yesterday as he was upset over the delay in formation of the
separate state, was flown to Hyderabad on Thursday evening and handed
over to his family members, police said.
Some tension prevailed near the Rajiv Gandhi
International Airport at Shamshabad here, as police stopped
TRS and BJP workers and some pro-Telangana activists who tried
to go towards the airport.
There was a heavy deployment of police force on the route
to the airport, and even media was not allowed to go further.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Divsion), MK
Sinha, said on Thursday night that Yadireddy`s body was taken to his
native village Peddamanglaram in the neighbouring Ranga
Reddy district amid tight security.
"His final rites would be conducted tomorrow," he said.
Yadireddy was found hanging from a tree in the lawns
behind Krishi Bhavan near the Parliament in Delhi yesterday
Police also found a ten-page suicide note,
purportedly written by Yadireddy.
Telangana political Joint Action Committee has called
for a bandh over the alleged suicide, while the Osamania
University (OU) authorities have postponed all the exams
scheduled for July 22, anticipating fresh trouble.
"There is no change in remaining exams schedule. New
dates for the postponed exams would be announced later," OU
Post Graduate counselling scheduled for July 22 has also
been postponed, and rescheduled for July 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia