Pro-Telangana youth`s body flown back to Andhra
Hyderabad: The body of M Yadireddy, a
pro-Telangana youth who allegedly committed suicide in Delhi
yesterday as he was upset over the delay in formation of the
separate state, was flown to Hyderabad on Thursday evening and handed
over to his family members, police said.
Some tension prevailed near the Rajiv Gandhi
International Airport at Shamshabad here, as police stopped
TRS and BJP workers and some pro-Telangana activists who tried
to go towards the airport.
There was a heavy deployment of police force on the route
to the airport, and even media was not allowed to go further.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Divsion), MK
Sinha, said on Thursday night that Yadireddy`s body was taken to his
native village Peddamanglaram in the neighbouring Ranga
Reddy district amid tight security.
"His final rites would be conducted tomorrow," he said.
Yadireddy was found hanging from a tree in the lawns
behind Krishi Bhavan near the Parliament in Delhi yesterday
Police also found a ten-page suicide note,
purportedly written by Yadireddy.
Telangana political Joint Action Committee has called
for a bandh over the alleged suicide, while the Osamania
University (OU) authorities have postponed all the exams
scheduled for July 22, anticipating fresh trouble.
"There is no change in remaining exams schedule. New
dates for the postponed exams would be announced later," OU
Post Graduate counselling scheduled for July 22 has also
been postponed, and rescheduled for July 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery