Pro-Telangana youth`s body flown back to Andhra
Hyderabad: The body of M Yadireddy, a
pro-Telangana youth who allegedly committed suicide in Delhi
yesterday as he was upset over the delay in formation of the
separate state, was flown to Hyderabad on Thursday evening and handed
over to his family members, police said.
Some tension prevailed near the Rajiv Gandhi
International Airport at Shamshabad here, as police stopped
TRS and BJP workers and some pro-Telangana activists who tried
to go towards the airport.
There was a heavy deployment of police force on the route
to the airport, and even media was not allowed to go further.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Divsion), MK
Sinha, said on Thursday night that Yadireddy`s body was taken to his
native village Peddamanglaram in the neighbouring Ranga
Reddy district amid tight security.
"His final rites would be conducted tomorrow," he said.
Yadireddy was found hanging from a tree in the lawns
behind Krishi Bhavan near the Parliament in Delhi yesterday
Police also found a ten-page suicide note,
purportedly written by Yadireddy.
Telangana political Joint Action Committee has called
for a bandh over the alleged suicide, while the Osamania
University (OU) authorities have postponed all the exams
scheduled for July 22, anticipating fresh trouble.
"There is no change in remaining exams schedule. New
dates for the postponed exams would be announced later," OU
Post Graduate counselling scheduled for July 22 has also
been postponed, and rescheduled for July 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves