Probe ordered against Spiritual Society in AP
Hyderabad: Mahabubnagar District Collector has ordered an inquiry into the alleged encroachment of government lands and other allegations levelled against Subhash Patri, founder of Pyramid Spiritual Society of India.
Following a report in a regional news channel that Patri allegedly indulged in encroachment of government land and forest area in Kadtal village in Mahabubnagar to build a meditation centre called `Maha Pyramid`, District Collector Girija Shankar issued an order for a thorough inquiry, official sources said today.
The inquiry would be conducted by Mahabubnagar Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO) Venkateshwar Reddy, they said.
The TV report also showed Patri allegedly hugging women devotees. It claimed that Patri misbehaved with women during the `Prapancha Dhyana Mahasabhalu` that was held at the mediation centre from December 21 till December 31.
However, neither a complaint nor a case has been registered with police in this connection, a senior police officer said.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission (APSHRC) today called for a report from the Mahabubnagar District Collector and the Superintendent of Police following allegations that Patri indulged in land encroachment and also misbehaved with women devotees.
On a complaint filed by one practicing advocate Y Somaraju, the APSHRC directed to inquire into the allegations and submit a report before it by February 18.
The meditation centre is being developed by Pyramid Spiritual Trust on over 150 acres of land at Kadtal on Hyderabad-Srisailam highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it