Probe ordered against Spiritual Society in AP
Hyderabad: Mahabubnagar District Collector has ordered an inquiry into the alleged encroachment of government lands and other allegations levelled against Subhash Patri, founder of Pyramid Spiritual Society of India.
Following a report in a regional news channel that Patri allegedly indulged in encroachment of government land and forest area in Kadtal village in Mahabubnagar to build a meditation centre called `Maha Pyramid`, District Collector Girija Shankar issued an order for a thorough inquiry, official sources said today.
The inquiry would be conducted by Mahabubnagar Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO) Venkateshwar Reddy, they said.
The TV report also showed Patri allegedly hugging women devotees. It claimed that Patri misbehaved with women during the `Prapancha Dhyana Mahasabhalu` that was held at the mediation centre from December 21 till December 31.
However, neither a complaint nor a case has been registered with police in this connection, a senior police officer said.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission (APSHRC) today called for a report from the Mahabubnagar District Collector and the Superintendent of Police following allegations that Patri indulged in land encroachment and also misbehaved with women devotees.
On a complaint filed by one practicing advocate Y Somaraju, the APSHRC directed to inquire into the allegations and submit a report before it by February 18.
The meditation centre is being developed by Pyramid Spiritual Trust on over 150 acres of land at Kadtal on Hyderabad-Srisailam highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city