Probe ordered against Spiritual Society in AP
Hyderabad: Mahabubnagar District Collector has ordered an inquiry into the alleged encroachment of government lands and other allegations levelled against Subhash Patri, founder of Pyramid Spiritual Society of India.
Following a report in a regional news channel that Patri allegedly indulged in encroachment of government land and forest area in Kadtal village in Mahabubnagar to build a meditation centre called `Maha Pyramid`, District Collector Girija Shankar issued an order for a thorough inquiry, official sources said today.
The inquiry would be conducted by Mahabubnagar Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO) Venkateshwar Reddy, they said.
The TV report also showed Patri allegedly hugging women devotees. It claimed that Patri misbehaved with women during the `Prapancha Dhyana Mahasabhalu` that was held at the mediation centre from December 21 till December 31.
However, neither a complaint nor a case has been registered with police in this connection, a senior police officer said.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission (APSHRC) today called for a report from the Mahabubnagar District Collector and the Superintendent of Police following allegations that Patri indulged in land encroachment and also misbehaved with women devotees.
On a complaint filed by one practicing advocate Y Somaraju, the APSHRC directed to inquire into the allegations and submit a report before it by February 18.
The meditation centre is being developed by Pyramid Spiritual Trust on over 150 acres of land at Kadtal on Hyderabad-Srisailam highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video