Probe ordered into gang-rape of tribal women in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police today ordered an inquiry into charges of gang-rape of four tribal women allegedly by certain policemen at a remote village in Visakhapatnam district.
A police team nabbed nine Maoists from Bhaluguda village in Visakhapatnam district on January 22. Yesterday four tribal women, who are their relatives, approached a local
BSP leader L Rajarao, alleging they were gang-raped by the police party, a senior police officer said.
After the allegations surfaced, an inquiry has been ordered into the matter, Visakhapatnam district (Rural) Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told PTI over phone.
"I have ordered an inquiry and ASP Chintapally has been deputed to look into the allegations," he said.
"We have asked the women to come forward to lodge a complaint, but so far none of them have done so," he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister K Rosaiah said in Visakhapatnam that he has directed the police to conduct a thorough inquiry into the incident to see that the guilty are punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report