Probe ordered into gang-rape of tribal women in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police today ordered an inquiry into charges of gang-rape of four tribal women allegedly by certain policemen at a remote village in Visakhapatnam district.
A police team nabbed nine Maoists from Bhaluguda village in Visakhapatnam district on January 22. Yesterday four tribal women, who are their relatives, approached a local
BSP leader L Rajarao, alleging they were gang-raped by the police party, a senior police officer said.
After the allegations surfaced, an inquiry has been ordered into the matter, Visakhapatnam district (Rural) Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told PTI over phone.
"I have ordered an inquiry and ASP Chintapally has been deputed to look into the allegations," he said.
"We have asked the women to come forward to lodge a complaint, but so far none of them have done so," he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister K Rosaiah said in Visakhapatnam that he has directed the police to conduct a thorough inquiry into the incident to see that the guilty are punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof