Process for formation of Telangana to be fully followed: Govt
New Delhi: All processes regarding formation
of a separate Telangana state will be "fully followed",
Government told the Lok Sabha on Thursday.
"You are fully aware of the process of formation of
separate states. All processes (in that regard) will be fully
followed," Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told the Leader
of the Opposition L K Advani.
Mukherjee`s statement was in response to queries from
Advani, a former Home Minister, as to how the Government would
go about carving a separate Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
Government, he said, was "appreciative" of the TRS
leader`s decision of ending his fast-unto-death.
"As it is a decision taken very late in the night and we
are yet to get a response from the state, we cannot make a
statement (in the House) at this stage," Mukherjee said,
adding the House would be informed as soon as the state
government response came.
Mukherjee informed the House that TRS chief Chandrasekhar
Rao had withdrawn his fast and "we are appreciative of it."
Earlier, Advani congratulated the Speaker and the
House for intervening in the Telangana issue on the basis of
which the government acted. "I congratulate both Parliament
and the government for this. The government acted on the basis
of the voice of the House".
"We wanted Telangana state to be created and had expressed
concern over the health of a member of the House," he said.
Maintaining that the Home Minister had made an
announcement on the issue outside the House last night, the
Leader of the House said that Parliament should be informed
The Home Minister should make a statement in the House as
to "what processes he has thought of (in the creation of
Telangana) and how much time it will take", Advani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened