Process of finalising capital of residual Andhra Pradesh: Chandrababu Naidu
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday said they are in the process of finalising the capital of the residual Andhra Pradesh and are making an action plan in this regard.
The Chief Minister was addressing a felicitation programme of members of the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers Association (APNGO) at the Loyola College here, organised by APNGO.
"We have not finalised the capital for the residual Andhra Pradesh, but are in the process. We have to construct the capital and I am formulating an action plan to avail all resources, available in the region for development," he said.
Naidu on the occasion called upon the government employees to play significant role in building the bifurcated state in `Swarnadhara Pradesh` (golden state).
"The `brand name` Andhra Pradesh should be carried forward and the residual Andhra Pradesh state should be developed on the lines of `Swarnadhara Pradesh`," Naidu said.
Describing the position of chief minister as "thorn of crown", Naidu recalled an instance of he carrying files to the Microsoft office in New York to appeal them (the company) to establish their office in Hyderabad.
He said he has urged to the Centre to provide all necessary aid to help the state in its developmental works.
A host of ministers, MPs, MLAs and other leaders were also present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters