Prohibitory orders in Bhainsa, AP
Hyderabad: Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPc were on Friday imposed in the communally-sensitive Bhainsa town of Adilabad district, after Hindu Vahini members tried to take out a procession from areas dominated by minority community during Ram-navami celebrations.
Police said Hindu Vahini had not sought any prior permission.
"No permission was given for procession as they wanted to take it out from sensitive areas," a senior police officer told PTI.
Some members of the organisation got into argument with the police, but they were dispersed and at least four of them were taken into preventive custody, the officer said, adding, the situation was now "totally peaceful".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000