Prohibitory orders in Bhainsa, AP
Hyderabad: Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPc were on Friday imposed in the communally-sensitive Bhainsa town of Adilabad district, after Hindu Vahini members tried to take out a procession from areas dominated by minority community during Ram-navami celebrations.
Police said Hindu Vahini had not sought any prior permission.
"No permission was given for procession as they wanted to take it out from sensitive areas," a senior police officer told PTI.
Some members of the organisation got into argument with the police, but they were dispersed and at least four of them were taken into preventive custody, the officer said, adding, the situation was now "totally peaceful".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead