Prohibitory orders in Bhainsa, AP
Hyderabad: Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPc were on Friday imposed in the communally-sensitive Bhainsa town of Adilabad district, after Hindu Vahini members tried to take out a procession from areas dominated by minority community during Ram-navami celebrations.
Police said Hindu Vahini had not sought any prior permission.
"No permission was given for procession as they wanted to take it out from sensitive areas," a senior police officer told PTI.
Some members of the organisation got into argument with the police, but they were dispersed and at least four of them were taken into preventive custody, the officer said, adding, the situation was now "totally peaceful".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement