Prohibitory orders in Hyderabad after group clash
Hyderabad: Two groups belonging to different communities clashed after a youth was stabbed by another group, prompting police to clamp prohibitory orders under Musheerabad police station limits.
Members of a community resorted to stone pelting in Musheeerabad area late last night after a youth was allegedly stabbed by another group, police said, adding the situation was brought under control within one hour.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 CrPC have been imposed in Musheerabad police limits from 6 AM onwards today for 24 hours to avoid any further incident.
The situation is now peaceful and under control," a senior police officer said.
According to police, the trouble broke out when members of a community raised objections and argued with other community members while they were trying to catch a bull who had escaped from their locality last night.
After this, one youth was attacked with a sharp weapon that "provoked" the other group which indulged in stone pelting.
Efforts were on to nab the trouble-makers.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia