Prohibitory orders in Hyderabad after group clash
Hyderabad: Two groups belonging to different communities clashed after a youth was stabbed by another group, prompting police to clamp prohibitory orders under Musheerabad police station limits.
Members of a community resorted to stone pelting in Musheeerabad area late last night after a youth was allegedly stabbed by another group, police said, adding the situation was brought under control within one hour.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 CrPC have been imposed in Musheerabad police limits from 6 AM onwards today for 24 hours to avoid any further incident.
The situation is now peaceful and under control," a senior police officer said.
According to police, the trouble broke out when members of a community raised objections and argued with other community members while they were trying to catch a bull who had escaped from their locality last night.
After this, one youth was attacked with a sharp weapon that "provoked" the other group which indulged in stone pelting.
Efforts were on to nab the trouble-makers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range