Prohibitory orders issues in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: With a view to maintain public order in the city, Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan on Thursday issued orders prohibiting every kind of procession,
dharna or public meetings for the next 11 days.
With recent communal clashes in old city, the police move, a day ahead of Telangana Liberation Day celebrations and prior to Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title suit, is seen to avoid any trouble in the coming days.
Even as Khan said certain groups are trying to create disturbance affecting public peace and order in Hyderabad for inciting communal animosity between different communities.
In a notification issued today the Police Commissioner also prohibited individuals/groups from making any speech, gesture, placards and flags which is likely to create
religious animosity or hatred between different communities.
The order will be in force from 6 pm today till 6 pm on September 28 and the public were informed that those violating the orders will be liable for prosecution under the law.
Andhra Pradesh BJP unit has demanded that the `Telangana Liberation Day` on September 17 be celebrated officially by the state government, as Telangana region was freed from the clutches of erstwhile Nizam rule, one year after the Independence, while the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) and Telangana Muslim Joint Action Committee (TMJAC) has come out strongly against the move and warned of serious consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video