Promised to return home before blast, merchant meets death
Hyderabad: The 45-year-old cloth merchant, Mohd Amanulla Khan, had called up his family before the twin blasts here promising to return home soon.
But he fell victim to the deadly blasts that left a total of 16 dead.
Khan had called his family members around 5.30 pm yesterday to say that he is going to Dilsukhnagar for some work and that he would return home after that.
As fate would have it, he never answered calls after the blasts and his body was found among the dead in the mortuary of the Osmania General Hospital, his son Kamran said.
"We were searching all hospitals. We came to Osmania Hospital this morning and found him dead," he said.
Fighting back tears, the young son recalled that his father had plans to go for Haj as he had performed the marriage of his only daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price