Prostitution: 20 persons held, 3 women rescued
Hyderabad: As many as 20 persons, including some youngsters, were on Sunday taken into custody for allegedly indulging in prostitution after police raided a place in Pargi mandal of neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the place located in an agricultural area on Tondapalli outskirts around 12.30 am today and rescued three women who were brought from Hyderabad, a senior police official said.
The persons were playing cards after having liquor, he said.
The persons were booked under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), Gambling Act and Excise Act while the three girls were sent to a rehabilitation centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what