Prostitution: 20 persons held, 3 women rescued
Hyderabad: As many as 20 persons, including some youngsters, were on Sunday taken into custody for allegedly indulging in prostitution after police raided a place in Pargi mandal of neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the place located in an agricultural area on Tondapalli outskirts around 12.30 am today and rescued three women who were brought from Hyderabad, a senior police official said.
The persons were playing cards after having liquor, he said.
The persons were booked under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), Gambling Act and Excise Act while the three girls were sent to a rehabilitation centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand