Prostitution: 20 persons held, 3 women rescued
Hyderabad: As many as 20 persons, including some youngsters, were on Sunday taken into custody for allegedly indulging in prostitution after police raided a place in Pargi mandal of neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the place located in an agricultural area on Tondapalli outskirts around 12.30 am today and rescued three women who were brought from Hyderabad, a senior police official said.
The persons were playing cards after having liquor, he said.
The persons were booked under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), Gambling Act and Excise Act while the three girls were sent to a rehabilitation centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi