Prostitution racket busted in Visakhapatnam, nine held
Visakhapatnam: Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an online prostitution racket with the arrest of nine persons, including two women, from a flat here and rescuing four girls.
The task force raided an apartment last night and apprehended the accused - N Dhanalakshmi and M Pavani - along with their relatives, ACP (East) D N Mahesh said.
The racket was being operated through a web portal, created by one of the accused and MCA graduate M Siva Reddy, he said, adding that a contact number was posted online to solicit services of call girls.
The ACP said some members of the gang used to pose themselves as marketing executives of a real estate firm and reportedly collected contact numbers of some people whom they contacted through pimps.
Inspector Ch Tirupathi Rao said a trap was laid by sending plainclothes policemen as decoy customers in Shivajipalem area from where the racket was being operated.
Police also rescued four girls, suspected to have been trafficked from various parts of the district, from the apartment and booked the accused under Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray