Prostitution racket busted in Visakhapatnam, nine held
Visakhapatnam: Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an online prostitution racket with the arrest of nine persons, including two women, from a flat here and rescuing four girls.
The task force raided an apartment last night and apprehended the accused - N Dhanalakshmi and M Pavani - along with their relatives, ACP (East) D N Mahesh said.
The racket was being operated through a web portal, created by one of the accused and MCA graduate M Siva Reddy, he said, adding that a contact number was posted online to solicit services of call girls.
The ACP said some members of the gang used to pose themselves as marketing executives of a real estate firm and reportedly collected contact numbers of some people whom they contacted through pimps.
Inspector Ch Tirupathi Rao said a trap was laid by sending plainclothes policemen as decoy customers in Shivajipalem area from where the racket was being operated.
Police also rescued four girls, suspected to have been trafficked from various parts of the district, from the apartment and booked the accused under Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan