Prostitution racket busted in Visakhapatnam, nine held
Visakhapatnam: Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an online prostitution racket with the arrest of nine persons, including two women, from a flat here and rescuing four girls.
The task force raided an apartment last night and apprehended the accused - N Dhanalakshmi and M Pavani - along with their relatives, ACP (East) D N Mahesh said.
The racket was being operated through a web portal, created by one of the accused and MCA graduate M Siva Reddy, he said, adding that a contact number was posted online to solicit services of call girls.
The ACP said some members of the gang used to pose themselves as marketing executives of a real estate firm and reportedly collected contact numbers of some people whom they contacted through pimps.
Inspector Ch Tirupathi Rao said a trap was laid by sending plainclothes policemen as decoy customers in Shivajipalem area from where the racket was being operated.
Police also rescued four girls, suspected to have been trafficked from various parts of the district, from the apartment and booked the accused under Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed