Prostitution racket busted, nine held
Visakhapatnam: Police Wednesday claimed to have busted an online prostitution racket with the arrest of nine persons, including two women, from a flat here and rescuing four girls.
The task force raided an apartment last night and apprehended the accused - N Dhanalakshmi and M Pavani - along with their relatives, ACP (East) D N Mahesh said.
The racket was being operated through a web portal, created by one of the accused and MCA graduate M Siva Reddy, he said, adding that a contact number was posted online to solicit services of call girls.
The ACP said some members of the gang used to pose themselves as marketing executives of a real estate firm and reportedly collected contact numbers of some people whom they contacted through pimps.
Inspector Ch Tirupathi Rao said a trap was laid by sending plainclothes policemen as decoy customers in Shivajipalem area from where the racket was being operated.
Police also rescued four girls, suspected to have been trafficked from various parts of the district, from the apartment and booked the accused under Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened