Prostitution racket busted, nine held
Visakhapatnam: Police Wednesday claimed to have busted an online prostitution racket with the arrest of nine persons, including two women, from a flat here and rescuing four girls.
The task force raided an apartment last night and apprehended the accused - N Dhanalakshmi and M Pavani - along with their relatives, ACP (East) D N Mahesh said.
The racket was being operated through a web portal, created by one of the accused and MCA graduate M Siva Reddy, he said, adding that a contact number was posted online to solicit services of call girls.
The ACP said some members of the gang used to pose themselves as marketing executives of a real estate firm and reportedly collected contact numbers of some people whom they contacted through pimps.
Inspector Ch Tirupathi Rao said a trap was laid by sending plainclothes policemen as decoy customers in Shivajipalem area from where the racket was being operated.
Police also rescued four girls, suspected to have been trafficked from various parts of the district, from the apartment and booked the accused under Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users