Protesting TDP MLAs evicted from Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Over 50 Telugu Desam Party MLAs who stayed put in the Assembly for over 11 hours demanding assurance to discuss the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh were forcibly evicted by police late Friday night.
Sleuths of the Hyderabad police Task Force, apparently acting on the government`s instructions, evicted the protesting MLAs after cutting off power supply to the Assembly building around 11 pm and drove them away in two vans to the TDP office at Banjara Hills.
The MLAs tried to resist their eviction but police dragged them out of the Assembly and swiftly got them into the waiting vans.
The legislators, however, vowed to continue their protest on Saturday.
The MLAs stayed put inside the Assembly since 12.15 pm, when Friday`s proceedings were adjourned for the day without transacting any business and had planned to continue the protest till the House proceedings begin Saturday morning.
They accused the government of running away from a debate on the unprecedented electricity crisis gripping the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?