Protests continue against AP bifurcation
Hyderabad: Protests against the decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh continued in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions of the state on Sunday.
Pro-united Andhra Pradesh supporters including scores of students and members of different organisations took to streets supporting the Samaikyandhra movement, which has been going on in 13 districts of Seemandhra region for over one month.
As part of the Samaikyandhra agitation, protesters raised slogans in support of united Andhra Pradesh and took out massive rallies, formed human chains in Kurnool, Anantapur, East Godavari and other districts.
Scores of students participated in human chain in Guntur district.
In Vizianagaram district, TDP workers sweeped the streets while in Kurnool, protesters participated in cultural activities on the roads.
Agitators held rasta-roko on Bangalore highway in Anantapur district resulting in stranding of vehicles on a long stretch.
Also, women staged road blockade on Kakinada-Rajahmundry route in East Godavari.
Amidst attacks by suspected pro-Telangana elements, the AP Non-Gazetted Officers Association, which represents Seemandhra employees yesterday held `Save Andhra Pradesh` meeting in Hyderabad, where speakers asked the Congress to rescind the move to bifurcate the state or face political consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt