Protests continue in Seemandhra for united Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Protests continued on Sunday across Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions of Andhra Pradesh against the proposed division of the state.
The united-Andhra supporters organised rallies, human chains, fasts, sit-ins, road blockades, community kitchens and various other forms of protest at different places in the two regions.
Protests organised at some places saw participation by a large number of women in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
State minister T G Venkatesh faced protests by some in his native Kurnool but he asserted that he has been a leader of united Andhra agitation for long.
The pro-united Andhra employees of Andhra Pradesh government held a meeting today and they are expected to come up with their future course of action tomorrow.
The employees of different government departments have been on strike for over a month now.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) gave its nod to the separate Telangana demand on July 30.
Claiming that the 46-day-long agitation for a united Andhra Pradesh has forced the Centre to do a rethink on the bifurcation decision, Union Ministers and Congress MPs from the two regions yesterday maintained that people were more important for them than the (Congress) party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset