Protests continue in Seemandhra region for united Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Protests by united-Andhra supporters, including ruling Congress leaders, continued on Sunday in the Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions against division of the state.
Senior Congress MLA and former minister Gade Venkat Reddy said the Seemandhra people would not take the division of Andhra Pradesh kindly.
The pro-Andhra supporters organised rallies, sit-ins and other forms of protest at several places in two regions.
Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam faced protests from agitators in Coastal Andhra during a visit.
Union Minister of State for Petroleum Panabaka Lakshmi said she and other Congress leaders would ensure that no injustice is done to Seemandhra.
TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to resume his `Atmagaurava Yatra` (self-respect yatra) soon in coastal region. Naidu held a fast in Delhi recently on the issue of division.
Following the Union Cabinet`s endorsement of separate Telangana demand, the Group of Ministers (GoM) appointed to go into the issue of division held its second meeting in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read