Protests continue in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: Protests continued unabated in Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra regions on Wednesday against the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh.
The united Andhra Pradesh supporters organised rallies, fasts, human chains, bike rallies, demonstrations and road blockades at various places in the two regions.
Normal life was badly affected due to a 48-hour shut-down called in Krishna district by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOs).
State transport buses were off the roads and several business establishments remained shut in Krishna district, a report from Vijayawada said.
Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions have been witnessing a wave of protests ever since the Congress Working Committee gave its nod to the formation of separate Telangana.
The pro-united Andhra employees in the Secretariat here, who have been organising protests, continued to voice their opposition.
Transport Minister B Satyanarayana, who is also the state Congress president, held talks with the striking employees of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, seeking to end their stir, but the matter remained inconclusive.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?