Protests continue in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: Protests continued unabated in Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra regions on Wednesday against the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh.
The united Andhra Pradesh supporters organised rallies, fasts, human chains, bike rallies, demonstrations and road blockades at various places in the two regions.
Normal life was badly affected due to a 48-hour shut-down called in Krishna district by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOs).
State transport buses were off the roads and several business establishments remained shut in Krishna district, a report from Vijayawada said.
Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions have been witnessing a wave of protests ever since the Congress Working Committee gave its nod to the formation of separate Telangana.
The pro-united Andhra employees in the Secretariat here, who have been organising protests, continued to voice their opposition.
Transport Minister B Satyanarayana, who is also the state Congress president, held talks with the striking employees of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, seeking to end their stir, but the matter remained inconclusive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday