Protests demanding better working conditions for APSP cops
Hyderabad: Family members of constables of Andhra Pradesh Special Police (APSP) on Sunday held demonstrations against the "difficult" working conditions of these policemen.
Wives of several APSP constables staged a sit-in in front of the office of 8th battalion of APSP at Kondapur in neighbouring Rangareddy district and at 3rd battalion at Chintalvalsa in Viziangaram district and also 13th battalion at Gudipet in Adilabad dkstrict.
The protesters at Kondapur, who began raising their voice yesterday, shouted slogans against the alleged high-handedness and style of functioning of Battalion Commandant Ramesh Naidu.
According to the protesters, he did not sanction leave to their husbands and were posted in other districts for a long period.
"Though they discharged duties effectively in maintaining law and order, the commandant did not bother about the problems being faced by the constables and their families," they alleged.
The women took serious note of the death of a constable Phani Kumar, who allegedly died while discharging duties in East Godavari district three days ago due to bad health.
In Viziangaram, a `rasta roko` was staged, demanding that the APSP policemen should be posted within the jurisdiction of the three districts of Viziangaram, Srikakulam and Visakhaptnam.
Demonstrations were also held in front of 13th battalion at Gudipet in Adilabad district.
Meanwhile, APSP Additional DG Goutam Sawang today visited 8th battalion at Kondapur and held a meeting with the protesters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list