Protests demanding better working conditions for APSP cops
Hyderabad: Family members of constables of Andhra Pradesh Special Police (APSP) on Sunday held demonstrations against the "difficult" working conditions of these policemen.
Wives of several APSP constables staged a sit-in in front of the office of 8th battalion of APSP at Kondapur in neighbouring Rangareddy district and at 3rd battalion at Chintalvalsa in Viziangaram district and also 13th battalion at Gudipet in Adilabad dkstrict.
The protesters at Kondapur, who began raising their voice yesterday, shouted slogans against the alleged high-handedness and style of functioning of Battalion Commandant Ramesh Naidu.
According to the protesters, he did not sanction leave to their husbands and were posted in other districts for a long period.
"Though they discharged duties effectively in maintaining law and order, the commandant did not bother about the problems being faced by the constables and their families," they alleged.
The women took serious note of the death of a constable Phani Kumar, who allegedly died while discharging duties in East Godavari district three days ago due to bad health.
In Viziangaram, a `rasta roko` was staged, demanding that the APSP policemen should be posted within the jurisdiction of the three districts of Viziangaram, Srikakulam and Visakhaptnam.
Demonstrations were also held in front of 13th battalion at Gudipet in Adilabad district.
Meanwhile, APSP Additional DG Goutam Sawang today visited 8th battalion at Kondapur and held a meeting with the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra