Protests for inclusion of Bhadrachalam region in Telangana
Hyderabad: Telangana supporters held protests in the Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday demanding that the Bhadrachalam sub-division of the district remain with Telangana state after bifurcation.
Agitators, who called for a shutdown, organised rallies, road blockades and other protests in support of their demand.
Bhadrachalam, where a famous temple of Lord Rama is situated, has become a bone of contention between supporters of Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
The temple town was part of the coastal districts before formation of Andhra Pradesh, leaders of the "united" Andhra Pradesh agitation said, but their Telangana counterparts maintain that it had been a part of the Telangana area ruled by the erstwhile Nizam of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details