Protests for inclusion of Bhadrachalam region in Telangana
Hyderabad: Telangana supporters held protests in the Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday demanding that the Bhadrachalam sub-division of the district remain with Telangana state after bifurcation.
Agitators, who called for a shutdown, organised rallies, road blockades and other protests in support of their demand.
Bhadrachalam, where a famous temple of Lord Rama is situated, has become a bone of contention between supporters of Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
The temple town was part of the coastal districts before formation of Andhra Pradesh, leaders of the "united" Andhra Pradesh agitation said, but their Telangana counterparts maintain that it had been a part of the Telangana area ruled by the erstwhile Nizam of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog