Public meeting on Telangana in AP capital on June
Hyderabad: Stepping up their efforts to get a favourable decision on separate Telangana demand ahead of general elections next year, Congress leaders from the region today decided to convey their concerns to party high command once again.
Some of the Telangana Congress leaders are expected to go to Delhi to pursue the matter with the party`s central leadership.
A massive public meeting would be organised here on June 30 to highlight the aspiration of the people for separate statehood, state Panchayat Raj Minister K Jana Reddy told reporters here.
He was speaking after a meeting of Telangana Congress leaders, which was attended by Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha and a large number of MPs and MLAs among others.
Congress Lok Sabha member G Sukhender Reddy said the party MPs, MLAs, MLCs and other leaders unitedly sought to pursue the statehood demand with the party leadership.
The Telangana Congress leaders would also submit a memorandum to the party high command.
Asked about a party MLA reportedly writing a letter to Jana Reddy expressing doubts about the strategy, Sukhender Reddy said there are no differences among the Telangana Congress leaders.
The Telangana Congress leaders have been mounting pressure on the party leadership to take an early on the Telangana, claiming that delay would hurt the party politically.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today held discussions with Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan, who briefed him about the current situation in the state.
"Discussion is going on at the highest level," Shinde told reporters here when asked whether there was any forward movement on the demand for a separate Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing