`Pulling down` of Congress MP: Case against Telangana activists
Hyderabad: A criminal case was registered on Thursday against some pro-Telangana activists in connection with "pulling down" of Congress MP L Rajagopal from dais during a dharna organised by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` (APNGOs) Association which supports
the cause of united state, police said.
A case under section 352 (punishment for assault or criminal force otherwise than on grave provocation) of IPC was registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station on the complaint lodged by a representative of APNGO, a senior police officer told.
The incident occurred at Indira Park here yesterday.
"No one has been arrested so far...We are examining the video footage and proceed further after collecting more details (on the alleged incident)", the officer said.
Local TV channels showed Rajgopal, who represents Vijaywada Lok Sabha seat, falling down as he was about to address the APNGO activists who organised the protest against the draft AP Re-organisation Bill-2013.
Some pro-Telangana activists were seen near the stage holding flags of Telangana Yuva Shakti and raising slogans in support of the separate state after which the event was briefly disrupted.
The dharna, otherwise passed off peacefully except a minor scuffle between some members of APNGOs Association and pro-Telangana activists following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened