`Pulling down` of Congress MP: Case against Telangana activists
Hyderabad: A criminal case was registered on Thursday against some pro-Telangana activists in connection with "pulling down" of Congress MP L Rajagopal from dais during a dharna organised by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` (APNGOs) Association which supports
the cause of united state, police said.
A case under section 352 (punishment for assault or criminal force otherwise than on grave provocation) of IPC was registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station on the complaint lodged by a representative of APNGO, a senior police officer told.
The incident occurred at Indira Park here yesterday.
"No one has been arrested so far...We are examining the video footage and proceed further after collecting more details (on the alleged incident)", the officer said.
Local TV channels showed Rajgopal, who represents Vijaywada Lok Sabha seat, falling down as he was about to address the APNGO activists who organised the protest against the draft AP Re-organisation Bill-2013.
Some pro-Telangana activists were seen near the stage holding flags of Telangana Yuva Shakti and raising slogans in support of the separate state after which the event was briefly disrupted.
The dharna, otherwise passed off peacefully except a minor scuffle between some members of APNGOs Association and pro-Telangana activists following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees