`Pulling down` of Congress MP: Case against Telangana activists
Hyderabad: A criminal case was registered on Thursday against some pro-Telangana activists in connection with "pulling down" of Congress MP L Rajagopal from dais during a dharna organised by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` (APNGOs) Association which supports
the cause of united state, police said.
A case under section 352 (punishment for assault or criminal force otherwise than on grave provocation) of IPC was registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station on the complaint lodged by a representative of APNGO, a senior police officer told.
The incident occurred at Indira Park here yesterday.
"No one has been arrested so far...We are examining the video footage and proceed further after collecting more details (on the alleged incident)", the officer said.
Local TV channels showed Rajgopal, who represents Vijaywada Lok Sabha seat, falling down as he was about to address the APNGO activists who organised the protest against the draft AP Re-organisation Bill-2013.
Some pro-Telangana activists were seen near the stage holding flags of Telangana Yuva Shakti and raising slogans in support of the separate state after which the event was briefly disrupted.
The dharna, otherwise passed off peacefully except a minor scuffle between some members of APNGOs Association and pro-Telangana activists following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik