Pvt hospitals, doctors join stir against AP bifurcation
Rajahmundry (AP): Over 125 private hospitals remained closed in East Godavari district on Wednesday, while private doctors joined the protests against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
The hospitals and doctors joined the agitation on a call given by the Andhra Pradesh non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOs).
"Over 125 private hospitals remained shut and 350 private doctors joined the `samaikyandhra` agitation as a call given by the APNGOs at their meeting recently held at Hyderabad, in protest against the bifurcate the state," president of Indian medical Association (Rajahmundry division) A Venkateswara Rao said.
"We will attend the emergency services only. Now, we will intensify the agitation for unilateral decision taken in CWC meeting to divide Andhra Pradesh," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites