Quid-pro-quo case: Jagan & others appear before CBI court
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, former Andhra Pradesh minister Sabitha Indra Reddy and other accused in quid-pro-quo investments case related to Indu Techzone Pvt Ltd appeared before a special CBI court here today.
On October 10, the court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet filed by the CBI in the Indu Techzone case and issued summons against all the ten accused, including Jagan, his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, Sabitha Indra Reddy and Shyam Prasad Reddy, promoter of Hyderabad-based Indu Group and Indu Projects, and directed that they be present before it on November 13.
The case pertains to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to a tune of several crore rupees in Jagan`s businesses, (named as accused number 1) as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhara Reddy government.
Senior IAS officers Ratna Prabha and B P Acharya, Industralist Nimmagadda Prasad, among other accused in the charge sheet also appeared before the court.
According to CBI, Indu Techzone Pvt Ltd was alloted 250 acres of land at Shamshabad here by the AP government when Jagan`s father late Y S Rajasekhara Redddy was the Chief Minister, and in return, the company invested Rs 15 crore in Caramel Asia Holdings Pvt Ltd.
The CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of YSR when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre