Quid pro-quo case: Jagan, BCCI head, ministers appear in court
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Minister for Major Industries J Geetha Reddy, BCCI chief and India Cements MD N Srinivasan and YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, besides other accused in the case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving the Kadapa MP`s firms, on Tuesday appeared before a special CBI court here.
Former ministers Sabitha Reddy, Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao, apart from Jagan`s auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and IAS officers who have been named in 10 chargesheets in different aspects of the case also appeared before the court.
The court posted the matter to January 03.
The case pertains to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to the tune of several crores of rupees in Jagan`s businesses, as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhara Reddy government.
The CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of YSR when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof