Quid pro-quo case: Jagan, BCCI head, ministers appear in court
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Minister for Major Industries J Geetha Reddy, BCCI chief and India Cements MD N Srinivasan and YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, besides other accused in the case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving the Kadapa MP`s firms, on Tuesday appeared before a special CBI court here.
Former ministers Sabitha Reddy, Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao, apart from Jagan`s auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and IAS officers who have been named in 10 chargesheets in different aspects of the case also appeared before the court.
The court posted the matter to January 03.
The case pertains to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to the tune of several crores of rupees in Jagan`s businesses, as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhara Reddy government.
The CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of YSR when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?