Quid pro-quo case: Jagan, BCCI head, ministers appear in court
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Minister for Major Industries J Geetha Reddy, BCCI chief and India Cements MD N Srinivasan and YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, besides other accused in the case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving the Kadapa MP`s firms, on Tuesday appeared before a special CBI court here.
Former ministers Sabitha Reddy, Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao, apart from Jagan`s auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and IAS officers who have been named in 10 chargesheets in different aspects of the case also appeared before the court.
The court posted the matter to January 03.
The case pertains to alleged investments made by various private firms and individuals to the tune of several crores of rupees in Jagan`s businesses, as part of quid-pro-quo arrangement in exchange for alleged favours by the erstwhile YSR Rajasekhara Reddy government.
The CBI has accused Jagan of amassing huge wealth through illegal means by misusing the office of YSR when he was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh between 2004 and 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know