Quid pro quo case: Jagan`s aide Vijay Sai gets bail
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Tuesday granted conditional bail to V Vijay Sai Reddy, an accused in the case relating to alleged quid-pro-quo investments in the companies of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The court asked Vijay Sai to submit a personal bond of Rs 2 lakh and two sureties of like sum towards execution of the bail and also directed him to not leave Hyderabad without prior permission of the court.
A close aide of Jagan, Vijay Sai, currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here, had on September 25 moved an application seeking bail through his counsel.
Vijay Sai, who served as financial advisor for group companies of Jagan, submitted that in view of Jagan getting the relief, his case may also be considered in the interest of justice.
"The trial has not yet commenced and in any case, it is likely to be protracted. In these circumstances, it would be in the interest of fair play and justice that the petitioner (Vijay Sai) be released on bail," the plea said.
The accused also cited a Supreme Court order in his plea saying the four-month deadline set by the apex court for completion of investigation by CBI had ended on September 8.
Vijay Sai, the first person to be arrested in the case last year, is accused by CBI of entering into a conspiracy with Jagan and playing a vital role in soliciting investments in the form of bribes as a quid-pro-quo from Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, Hetero Group and Trident Lifesciences.
Two more accused in the Vanpic aspect of the case -- industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy -- were yesterday given bail.
The case relates to investments made by various companies in Jagan`s firms as quid quo pro for favours bestowed on them during the tenure of his father (late) YS Rajasekhara Reddy as chief minister between 2004 and 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference