Rahul Gandhi for involvement of all in governance
Itanagar: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Monday said every single person in the country must be involved in governance so that the nation marches ahead.
"If we don`t involve people of all walks of life, especially the backward class in governance, our nation will not move ahead," he told a gathering on the penultimate day of the five-day Tawang Festival at Tawang.
He informed people about the national flagship programmes like MGNREGA and Sarva Shikshya Abhiyan (SSA) which offer enough opportunities to everyone for better employment and livelihood.
Asserting that special attention is being paid by the Centre to Arunachal Pradesh, he said the Prime Minister`s package provided to the state is exceptional and no other state has received such a huge assistance.
"This clearly proves the keen interest of the Centre to see Arunachal Pradesh on par with other developed states," Gandhi pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch