Rahul Gandhi for involvement of all in governance
Itanagar: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Monday said every single person in the country must be involved in governance so that the nation marches ahead.
"If we don`t involve people of all walks of life, especially the backward class in governance, our nation will not move ahead," he told a gathering on the penultimate day of the five-day Tawang Festival at Tawang.
He informed people about the national flagship programmes like MGNREGA and Sarva Shikshya Abhiyan (SSA) which offer enough opportunities to everyone for better employment and livelihood.
Asserting that special attention is being paid by the Centre to Arunachal Pradesh, he said the Prime Minister`s package provided to the state is exceptional and no other state has received such a huge assistance.
"This clearly proves the keen interest of the Centre to see Arunachal Pradesh on par with other developed states," Gandhi pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef