Rahul Gandhi for involvement of all in governance
Itanagar: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Monday said every single person in the country must be involved in governance so that the nation marches ahead.
"If we don`t involve people of all walks of life, especially the backward class in governance, our nation will not move ahead," he told a gathering on the penultimate day of the five-day Tawang Festival at Tawang.
He informed people about the national flagship programmes like MGNREGA and Sarva Shikshya Abhiyan (SSA) which offer enough opportunities to everyone for better employment and livelihood.
Asserting that special attention is being paid by the Centre to Arunachal Pradesh, he said the Prime Minister`s package provided to the state is exceptional and no other state has received such a huge assistance.
"This clearly proves the keen interest of the Centre to see Arunachal Pradesh on par with other developed states," Gandhi pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH