Railway ticket checker arrested for molestation
Hyderabad: A deputy chief ticket inspector was on Friday arrested for allegedly making sexual advances towards a woman software professional on the Chennai-Ahmedabad Navjeevan Express in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
Government Railway Police sources said E Jaya Gopi, the accused, was drunk at the time.
He took the woman to an AC compartment on the pretext of collecting the fare difference, and allegedly made a pass at her.
She shouted for help and other passengers came to her rescue.
The 23-year-old woman had boarded the train in Chennai with a general ticket and had approached the accused for a reserved berth, said Gudur GRP Sub-Inspector K Srinivaschary.
Gopi was taken into custody at Gudur railway station and booked on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman.
Railway authorities later suspended him from service.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels