Railway ticket checker arrested for molestation
Hyderabad: A deputy chief ticket inspector was on Friday arrested for allegedly making sexual advances towards a woman software professional on the Chennai-Ahmedabad Navjeevan Express in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
Government Railway Police sources said E Jaya Gopi, the accused, was drunk at the time.
He took the woman to an AC compartment on the pretext of collecting the fare difference, and allegedly made a pass at her.
She shouted for help and other passengers came to her rescue.
The 23-year-old woman had boarded the train in Chennai with a general ticket and had approached the accused for a reserved berth, said Gudur GRP Sub-Inspector K Srinivaschary.
Gopi was taken into custody at Gudur railway station and booked on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman.
Railway authorities later suspended him from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi