Railway ticket checker arrested for molestation
Hyderabad: A deputy chief ticket inspector was on Friday arrested for allegedly making sexual advances towards a woman software professional on the Chennai-Ahmedabad Navjeevan Express in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
Government Railway Police sources said E Jaya Gopi, the accused, was drunk at the time.
He took the woman to an AC compartment on the pretext of collecting the fare difference, and allegedly made a pass at her.
She shouted for help and other passengers came to her rescue.
The 23-year-old woman had boarded the train in Chennai with a general ticket and had approached the accused for a reserved berth, said Gudur GRP Sub-Inspector K Srinivaschary.
Gopi was taken into custody at Gudur railway station and booked on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman.
Railway authorities later suspended him from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand