Rajagopal gets interim bail in OMC case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court On Saturday granted interim bail to former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), V D Rajagopal, in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case.
The court granted Rajagopal the interim relief for 15 days following demise of his father?in-law today, said CBI Deputy Legal Advisor B Ravindranath.
Rajagopal has to surrender before the court on November 4. "Earlier he was given bail to visit his ailing father-in-law with escort. This time he can go without escort. He should surrender before the court on November 4," Ravindhranath said.
CBI which is investigating the case had arrested Rajagopal on November 13 last year.
Rajagopal, also former Director, Mines and Geology, was managing director of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation from 2004-09, during the tenure of chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
He is an accused in the case of illegal mining by Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) whose owner and former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and managing director B V Srinivas Reddy are already in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes