Rajagopal gets interim bail in OMC case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court On Saturday granted interim bail to former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), V D Rajagopal, in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case.
The court granted Rajagopal the interim relief for 15 days following demise of his father?in-law today, said CBI Deputy Legal Advisor B Ravindranath.
Rajagopal has to surrender before the court on November 4. "Earlier he was given bail to visit his ailing father-in-law with escort. This time he can go without escort. He should surrender before the court on November 4," Ravindhranath said.
CBI which is investigating the case had arrested Rajagopal on November 13 last year.
Rajagopal, also former Director, Mines and Geology, was managing director of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation from 2004-09, during the tenure of chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
He is an accused in the case of illegal mining by Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) whose owner and former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and managing director B V Srinivas Reddy are already in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders
- Companies raise Rs 26,000 cr via bond issues on NSE e-book platform