Rajagopal gets interim bail in OMC case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court On Saturday granted interim bail to former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), V D Rajagopal, in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case.
The court granted Rajagopal the interim relief for 15 days following demise of his father?in-law today, said CBI Deputy Legal Advisor B Ravindranath.
Rajagopal has to surrender before the court on November 4. "Earlier he was given bail to visit his ailing father-in-law with escort. This time he can go without escort. He should surrender before the court on November 4," Ravindhranath said.
CBI which is investigating the case had arrested Rajagopal on November 13 last year.
Rajagopal, also former Director, Mines and Geology, was managing director of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation from 2004-09, during the tenure of chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
He is an accused in the case of illegal mining by Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) whose owner and former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and managing director B V Srinivas Reddy are already in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip