Rajagopal gets interim bail in OMC case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court On Saturday granted interim bail to former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), V D Rajagopal, in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case.
The court granted Rajagopal the interim relief for 15 days following demise of his father?in-law today, said CBI Deputy Legal Advisor B Ravindranath.
Rajagopal has to surrender before the court on November 4. "Earlier he was given bail to visit his ailing father-in-law with escort. This time he can go without escort. He should surrender before the court on November 4," Ravindhranath said.
CBI which is investigating the case had arrested Rajagopal on November 13 last year.
Rajagopal, also former Director, Mines and Geology, was managing director of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation from 2004-09, during the tenure of chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
He is an accused in the case of illegal mining by Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) whose owner and former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and managing director B V Srinivas Reddy are already in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'