Rajnath asks home secy to stop infighting between AP, Telangana
New Delhi: Concerned over reports of infighting between the administrations of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday directed the Union Home Secretary to mediate between the two states and resolve the issues.
The Home Minister`s intervention follows reports that the two states were allegedly fighting over a host of issues, including drinking and irrigation water, power supply and municipal affairs, official sources said.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami has been asked by the Home Minister to convene a meeting of the Chief Secretaries of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as soon as possible to amicably sort out all differences between the two states.
After a separate state of Telangana formally came into existence on June 2 following bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, the two states have been negotiating the distribution of assets and allocation of officers belonging to all-India services like IAS, IPS and Indian Forest Service.
Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are also fighting over the central government`s decision to incorporate seven mandals of Bhadrachalam division into Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh as part of the Polavaram Project.
Sources said the Centre`s main concern is that the infighting between the two administrations should not spiral into street-fighting between the people of the two states as there have been instances of provocative statements being made by some political leaders against each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read