Raju to take up woes of onion farmers
Rajahmundry (AP): Minister of State for
Defence MM Pallam Raju has assured the onion farmers that
he would hold talks with the Andhra Pradesh government to solve
the problems of onion farmers.
Onion growers of East Godavari district met the minister
after he inaugurated an additional class room constructed in a
school building at Kothappali Mandal on Friday.
Raju gave an ear to the problems on cultivation, purchase
and remunerative prices of onions.
The farmers urged Raju to take the initiative to hold
talks with the state government following which he assured
that he would meet the concerned officials and bring their
problems to notice and request them to take steps to enable
purchase of onions from farmers.
About 20 tonnes of onion, grown in 500 acres in the mandal
is lying unused in the district due to import from other
states and non-purchase by the state government, Raju was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH