Raju to take up woes of onion farmers
Rajahmundry (AP): Minister of State for
Defence MM Pallam Raju has assured the onion farmers that
he would hold talks with the Andhra Pradesh government to solve
the problems of onion farmers.
Onion growers of East Godavari district met the minister
after he inaugurated an additional class room constructed in a
school building at Kothappali Mandal on Friday.
Raju gave an ear to the problems on cultivation, purchase
and remunerative prices of onions.
The farmers urged Raju to take the initiative to hold
talks with the state government following which he assured
that he would meet the concerned officials and bring their
problems to notice and request them to take steps to enable
purchase of onions from farmers.
About 20 tonnes of onion, grown in 500 acres in the mandal
is lying unused in the district due to import from other
states and non-purchase by the state government, Raju was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali