Raju`s health requires monitoring, court informed
Hyderabad: B Ramalinga Raju, the prime
accused in Satyam Computers multi-crore scam, needs continous
medical attention, a special court trying Satyam scandal cases
was told today.
Raju, who is accused of inflating invoices, incomes and
falsified income tax returns is being treated for Hepatitis C.
The court has fixed the next hearing on June 16.
Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), which has
been treating Raju from last September said the side effects
of the drug being administered to him require constant
monitoring of his condition.
The NIMS report by Dr Ajit Kumar, a gastroenterologist
treating B Ramalinga Raju, said Raju needed to undergo second
phase of treatment involving 24 injections- once in a week if
the first phase produced satisfactory results.
“If the virus remains positive, the treatment has to be
stopped as chances of cure will be negligible and it will be
labeled as non-responsive. If negative, another course of 24
injections are to be administered,” Kumar said in his report.
Four more injections are to be given to Raju for four
weeks as part of the 24-weeks treatment. The last injection
that he was given was on June 8 for the 20th Week treatment.
The report indicated that the Hepatitis count had
"markedly" reduced from 90 lakhs before treatment to 50,000
after administering of 12 doses, which was a ?satisfactory?
However, Raju`s condition deteriorated when he developed
Leucopenia after 17th dose and suffered from decreased number
of white blood cells. His vital counts will be rechecked after
completion of 24 injections as per international guidelines.
Meanwhile, Raju’s counsel argued that cases in all
the charge sheets are similar and not separable. So far the
CBI has filed three charge sheets in Satyam case and is set to
file the forth one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...