Ramesh to launch direct cash transfer scheme in AP district
Rajahmundry: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh will launch Aadhar-based direct cash transfer pilot project in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
Under the scheme, monthly pension of beneficiaries will be directly credited into their accounts.
3,99,772 pensioners out of total of 4,44,640 pensioners have got Aadhar-based unique identification number to receive their monthly pension through the ``direct benefit transfer`` scheme.
“Every month pension will be directly transferred into their bank accounts", an official release said.
According to the release, the payments under flagship Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNERS) will be made through the cash transfer scheme in the district whereas Gollaprollu mandal will be developed as a model mandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez