Ramesh to launch direct cash transfer scheme in AP district
Rajahmundry: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh will launch Aadhar-based direct cash transfer pilot project in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
Under the scheme, monthly pension of beneficiaries will be directly credited into their accounts.
3,99,772 pensioners out of total of 4,44,640 pensioners have got Aadhar-based unique identification number to receive their monthly pension through the ``direct benefit transfer`` scheme.
“Every month pension will be directly transferred into their bank accounts", an official release said.
According to the release, the payments under flagship Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNERS) will be made through the cash transfer scheme in the district whereas Gollaprollu mandal will be developed as a model mandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'