Ramesh to launch direct cash transfer scheme in AP district
Rajahmundry: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh will launch Aadhar-based direct cash transfer pilot project in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
Under the scheme, monthly pension of beneficiaries will be directly credited into their accounts.
3,99,772 pensioners out of total of 4,44,640 pensioners have got Aadhar-based unique identification number to receive their monthly pension through the ``direct benefit transfer`` scheme.
“Every month pension will be directly transferred into their bank accounts", an official release said.
According to the release, the payments under flagship Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNERS) will be made through the cash transfer scheme in the district whereas Gollaprollu mandal will be developed as a model mandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation