Ravi holds talks with Congmen in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Union Minister Vayalar Ravi today held consultations with the ruling Congress MLAs and other party leaders in Andhra Pradesh as part of his mission to take stock of the prevailing situation in the state amid concerns over its sagging popularity.
Ravi, who arrived here last night, met state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, senior Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao, state ministers like Kondru Murali Mohan, S Sailajanath, legislators and several other party functionaries.
Some party sources claimed that Congress Rajya Sabha member K V P Ramachandra Rao, a close friend of late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, also called on Ravi.
"We expressed our views on what is happening here. We told him that SCs, STs, BCs and minorities should get importance for Congress to return to power in 2014 assembly elections," Murali Mohan told reporters.
Noting that Ravi`s visit would do good for Congress in Andhra Pradesh, Hanumantha Rao said the Union Minister would give a factual report to the party high command for strengthening the party.
Among other Congress functionaries, some told Ravi that there should be better coordination between the Chief Minister and the PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana, others said Congress leaders be given the `nominated posts` as three years have already passed after the party came to power in 2009.
Talking to reporters after his arrival here last night, Ravi, who is familiar with the state affairs, said he has come to understand the prevailing situation in the party.
He is expected to submit a report on his visit to the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!