Rayalseema Rashtra Samithi protests against Telangana
Bangalore: The members of Rayalseema Rashtra
Samithi on Sunday staged a dharna in front of Union Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily`s residence here protesting the Centre`s nod
for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The agitators in a memorandum addressed to Moily, copies
of which were released to the press, appealed to him to
intervene in the issue and put pressure on Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh not to go ahead with dividing Andhra Pradesh.
Samithi President Pattubala Bhaskar Reddy said the
thought of dividing Andhra Pradesh and carving a separate
Telangana was "shocking to Telugu people who are known for
their unity and integrity. This step may lead to (similar)
demands from other states also".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India