Rayalseema Rashtra Samithi protests against Telangana
Bangalore: The members of Rayalseema Rashtra
Samithi on Sunday staged a dharna in front of Union Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily`s residence here protesting the Centre`s nod
for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The agitators in a memorandum addressed to Moily, copies
of which were released to the press, appealed to him to
intervene in the issue and put pressure on Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh not to go ahead with dividing Andhra Pradesh.
Samithi President Pattubala Bhaskar Reddy said the
thought of dividing Andhra Pradesh and carving a separate
Telangana was "shocking to Telugu people who are known for
their unity and integrity. This step may lead to (similar)
demands from other states also".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!