Rayalseema Rashtra Samithi protests against Telangana
Bangalore: The members of Rayalseema Rashtra
Samithi on Sunday staged a dharna in front of Union Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily`s residence here protesting the Centre`s nod
for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The agitators in a memorandum addressed to Moily, copies
of which were released to the press, appealed to him to
intervene in the issue and put pressure on Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh not to go ahead with dividing Andhra Pradesh.
Samithi President Pattubala Bhaskar Reddy said the
thought of dividing Andhra Pradesh and carving a separate
Telangana was "shocking to Telugu people who are known for
their unity and integrity. This step may lead to (similar)
demands from other states also".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened