Rayalseema Rashtra Samithi protests against Telangana
Bangalore: The members of Rayalseema Rashtra
Samithi on Sunday staged a dharna in front of Union Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily`s residence here protesting the Centre`s nod
for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The agitators in a memorandum addressed to Moily, copies
of which were released to the press, appealed to him to
intervene in the issue and put pressure on Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh not to go ahead with dividing Andhra Pradesh.
Samithi President Pattubala Bhaskar Reddy said the
thought of dividing Andhra Pradesh and carving a separate
Telangana was "shocking to Telugu people who are known for
their unity and integrity. This step may lead to (similar)
demands from other states also".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'