Ready to discuss all contentious issues with KCR: Andhra CM
Hyderabad: Finding fault with Telangana Government for seeking to rake up a controversy over every issue, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday said he was ready to discuss all contentious matters with his counterpart K Chandrasekhar Rao.
"I am always positive. I am always willing. I am ready to sit and discuss issues with KCR," Naidu told newspersons, referring to the controversy over sharing of Krishna river water between the two States.
"The AP Reorganisation Act (which led to creation of Telangana) specifies that 10 tmc ft of water from river Krishna has to be released to Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water needs.”
"Accordingly, the Krishna River Management Board issued orders. I don`t understand why the Telangana Government is making a fuss over it," the Chief Minister remarked.
"We may have separated (as states) but we need to have mutual co-operation and move ahead."
Naidu found fault with the Telangana Government for erecting a fence separating the blocks allotted to the two States in the Secretariat here. "Is it India and Pakistan? Why should you put up fences," he questioned angrily.
The Chief Minister also blasted the TRS Government over demolition of illegal buildings on Gurukul Trust lands at Madhapur here. "They are demolishing the buildings without any policy or rationale. Why are they doing all this?"
On the dispute over sharing of electricity between the two States, Naidu said his Government was honouring all power purchase agreements that had legal sanctity.
"The Centre has appointed a committee to look into this issue which will soon come here and hold discussions with officials of both states," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda