Rebellion against Andhra CM?
Ministers, MLAs and MLCs are
understood to have raised a virtual rebellion against Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, protesting his
unilateral style of functioning.
Azad is in the city since yesterday to take stock of the
party affairs in the state in the aftermath of the Congress`
humiliating defeat in the Kadapa and the Pulivendula
Almost all the ministers who had one-on-one interaction
with the Union Health Minister, as well as legislators who met
him individually and in groups, were highly critical of Kiran
Kumar`s style of functioning which they said was only ruining
the party, the sources said.
"We made our displeasure against the Chief Minister known
to our party in charge. We told Azad that Kiran was never
taking anyone into confidence," a senior minister said after
another round of discussions with the AICC General Secretary
in the state Congress headquarters Gandhi Bhavan this morning.
The campaign against Kiran Kumar was initiated by MLAs
from his native Chittoor district. Former minister Peddireddy
Ramachandra Reddy, former deputy speaker G Kutuhalamma and a
couple of other legislators from Chittoor submitted a petition
against Kiran to Azad yesterday.
On Azad`s suggestion, they met him again this morning and
poured out their grouse against the Chief Minister.
Some ministers then took their turn and vent their
"anguish" over the state of affairs in the government.
At a time when YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan
Reddy was going all out in his attack against the government
and when other opposition parties too were upping their ante
on a wide range of issues, there was need for concerted action
on part of the government and the party to get closer to
people through a series of programmes.
"Unfortunately, nothing of that sort is happening as a
general impression gained ground that the administration
in the state has become totally paralysed," couple of
ministers reportedly told Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance