Record collection of Rs 5.73 cr on Rama Navamai!
Tirupati: The famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here netted a record cash collection of about Rs 5.73 crore on Rama Navami day on Sunday,
temple sources said.
This was about Rs 1.50 crore higher than the previous
highest collection received on January one this year, the
sources told PTI.
Besides cash offerings, the hundi (offering box) also
contained gold, silver and other precious offerings. However,
its value has not yet been ascertained, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today