Reddy condoles Kurien`s death
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Sunday expressed grief over the demise of Dr Verghese Kurien, the father of `white revolution`.
Recalling Kurien`s contribution to agriculture, rural development and dairy industry, Reddy said the `operation flood` launched by him was the largest dairy development programme in the world.
He made Amul brand a household name, the Chief Minister said.
Kurien passed away at the age of 90 at Nadiad in Gujarat after a brief illness early this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested