Reddy faces attack from Cong MPs over Telangana
Hyderabad: Congress MPs and MLAs from
Telangana on Monday slammed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy and accused him of weakening the party in the
region witnessing agitation for statehood.
The MPs also condemned the "repressive measures"
against Telangana protagonists and alleged that the Chief
Minister`s actions were "provoking" people of the region.
Addressing a press conference here this evening, Rajya
Sabha MP K Keshava Rao, Lok Sabha members Ponnam Prabhakar, G
Vivekananda, Manda Jagannadham and Komatireddi Rajagopal Reddy
said normal life has been paralysed in Telangana because of
the ongoing indefinite strike by government employees.
"Administration in Telangana has come to a standstill
but both the Governor and the Chief Minister are sending false
reports to the Central Government on the situation here," the
Congress MPs alleged.
Condemning the police action against Telangana
supporters, the MPs demanded that all those arrested in
connection with the ongoing agitation be released immediately.
The lawmakers said they would visit New Delhi and
exert pressure on the Congress high command to concede
Telangana statehood demand. "Otherwise, the high command
itself will be forced to come down here."
Meanwhile, a group of Congress MLAs from the region
cautioned that any effort by the party-led state government to
thwart the ongoing indefinite strike would boomerang.
"The current strike by Government employees is
unprecedented. The Government will end up as a laughing stock
if it tries to thwart it," ruling party MLAs Mutyam Reddy, S
Rajaiah and S Satyanarayana warned.
The Congress would lose heavily if it did not concede
the demand for a separate state, they said. To a question, the
MLAs said they were ready to quit their posts if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000