Reddy fails to give assurance on delay of PSI exam
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N
Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday remained non-committal on the demand
for postponement of the written test for recruitment of police
sub-inspectors, scheduled for August 13 and 14.
Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha and
ministers Danam Nagender and Mukesh Goud met the Chief
Minister and tried to prevail upon him to put off the SI
recruitment test till the clause 14(f) of the Andhra Pradesh
Public Employment (Organization of Local Cadres and Regulation
of Direct Recruitment) Order, 1975 (Presidential Order), was
The Chief Minister reportedly told them that he was
hopeful that the Government of India would get the clause 14
(f) deleted before the exam date since the state government
has already written a letter to the Prime Minister in this
But Kiran Kumar did not give any assurance to the deputy
chief minister and the ministers on postponement of the
written examination even as protests were continuing across
Telangana over the issue.
The examination was postponed previously last year
following protests in Telangana, thereby affecting the
recruitment of police sub-inspectors across the state.
The Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs asked the
state government to pass a fresh resolution in the Assembly
seeking deletion of the clause 14 (f), sparking widespread
protests in Telangana.
The Chief Minister wrote a letter to Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram stating that a fresh resolution was "not
possible" since the earlier resolution passed in March 2010
still held good.
The Supreme Court ruled that Hyderabad remains a "free
zone" in respect of police recruitments as per the clause 14
The Telangana protagonists contend that Hyderabad is
part of Zone-VI in respect of all administrative appointments
and hence want the clause 14 (f) of the Presidential Order
The separatists have threatened to block the examination
till the clause 14 (f) was deleted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!