Reddy raises Telangana issue at Rahul meet
New Delhi: A strong plea for an early resolution of the vexed Telangana issue was made by an AICC secretary during a meeting of Congress office bearers with Rahul Gandhi on Friday.
P Sudhakar Reddy raised the issue at the meeting and he later said that Gandhi assured him to look into it.
Another party Secretary V Hanumanta Rao, who also hails from the Telangana region, said that the party Vice President told Reddy to focus on organisational issues for which the meeting has been called.
The issue of separate state of Telangana has divided Andhra Pradesh on regional lines and party MPs from the region have threatened to tender their resignation to Speaker Meira Kumar if urgent steps are not taken to carve out the state from Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh is the only major state where the Congress is in power on its own and the spectacular showing there in the Lok Sabha polls helped the Congress to gain power at the Centre via the coalition route in 2004 and retain it in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies