Reddy raises Telangana issue at Rahul meet
New Delhi: A strong plea for an early resolution of the vexed Telangana issue was made by an AICC secretary during a meeting of Congress office bearers with Rahul Gandhi on Friday.
P Sudhakar Reddy raised the issue at the meeting and he later said that Gandhi assured him to look into it.
Another party Secretary V Hanumanta Rao, who also hails from the Telangana region, said that the party Vice President told Reddy to focus on organisational issues for which the meeting has been called.
The issue of separate state of Telangana has divided Andhra Pradesh on regional lines and party MPs from the region have threatened to tender their resignation to Speaker Meira Kumar if urgent steps are not taken to carve out the state from Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh is the only major state where the Congress is in power on its own and the spectacular showing there in the Lok Sabha polls helped the Congress to gain power at the Centre via the coalition route in 2004 and retain it in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown