Reddy silent on Dharmana Rao`s resignation issue
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is yet to take a call on whether to accept the resignation of State Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao or not even though the Congress high command has pushed the ball into his court.
The Chief Minister is still maintaining "suspense" on the matter and refused to give any reply when reporters questioned him this afternoon about it.
The R&B Minister submitted his resignation to the Chief Minister on August 14, a day after the CBI named him as the accused number 5 in the Vanpic Project land allotment scandal, which is part of the ongoing probe into the disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
"I am quitting on moral grounds. I will fight the case and come out clean," Dharmana announced on the day.
Without taking a decision himself, the Chief Minister sought the Congress high command`s "guidance" on the resignation issue.
During his two-day trip to New Delhi on 23 and 24, Kiran discussed the issue with the Congress top brass, including Sonia Gandhi, but was reportedly asked to deal with it himself.
Kiran returned to Hyderabad late last night and there was expectation that he would forward Dharmana`s resignation to Governor for approval today.
However, there were no indications from the CMO on this and the Chief Minister himself refused to say anything, though he addressed the media on the SC and ST Special Component Plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video