Renuka Chowdhury left red-faced at Telangana Congress meeting
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Former Union minister and Rajya Sabha MP Renuka Chowdhury`s anti-Telangana stand led her face an embarrassing situation on Sunday when she was asked to leave by a few leaders.
At a Telangana Congress meeting, Chowdhury`s presence irked party MP Ponnam Prabhakar and former minister R Damodar Reddy.
Chowdhury was formally invited by the party leaders to attend the meet, However, when she went, her presence was questioned by Karimnagar MP Prabhakar. He was later joined by Reddy.
Notably, Chowdhury has always maintained a distance from the separatism movement despite the fact that she belongs to Telangana and represented Khammam in the last Lok Sabha.
"Renuka Chowdhury`s anti-Telangana stand is well-known. I don`t know why she came for the meeting when no one invited her. When thousands had committed suicide for the cause of Telangana, she had said the deaths were due to cancer," a newspaper quoted an irate Prabhakar as saying.
"While no one wanted her presence, we demanded an apology from her before attending the meeting. She neither apologised nor left although we asked her to leave. It was a shameless act, and we ignored her," added the MP.
Chowdhury was further left embarrassed when she was reminded that she had once called Telangana activists "goonda elements".
Although senior leaders tried to pacify the angry leaders and control the situation, but Chowdhury had to leave the venue in a huff.
After Seemandhra employees meeting in Hyderabad to oppose proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, it is now the turn of pro-Telangana groups to organise a massive show of strength to press the demand for speeding up the process for formation of Telangana state.
`Telangana Grajna Sabha` will reportedly be held in Hyderabad this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL